Koyle Cabernet Sauvignon 2007

SUBMITTED BY: Jason P., Connecticut, USA

The Koyle Cabernet Sauvignon 2007 was one of my favorites. This dark ruby colored wine is a blend of 88% Cabernet Sauvignon and 12% Carmenere that came from two regions in Chile – Maipo and Colchagua Valley.

There was a wonderful blackberry and blueberry aroma along with tobacco and coffee. The Carmenere added some spiciness to the taste. 60% of the wine is aged in French oak for 12 months and the remaining 40% is aged in stainless steel tanks to preserve the aroma and taste of the grape varietal. They recommend decanting this wine for at least 30 minutes before serving and also feel that this will cellar well for another 5 years. Only 4,000 cases of the Cabernet Sauvignon were produced and it retails for $17. A must buy.

My other Chilean reviews (Koyle, Terrapura and Viu Manent Secreto)are posted at www.corkedwine.blogspot.com.

If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!

Comments

comments

Reply